HEALTHMATTERSBack to HealthMatters main
Asian chicken with honey and ginger
Makes 4 servings.
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 green onion, chopped
2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, with ribs, skinless
- In small skillet over low heat, combine honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, onion and ginger. Stir until honey melts, about 1 minute.
- In medium baking pan, cover chicken with sauce until well-coated. Arrange breastside down, ensuring parts don't overlap. Tightly cover pan with aluminum foil. Marinate 2 hours (longer is better) in refrigerator.
- Before cooking, remove pan from refrigerator and allow it to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place covered baking pan in oven and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover pan and turn chicken over. Bake uncovered for an additional 30 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees. Baste once with pan juices after 10 to 15 minutes.
Serving size: 1/4 recipe. Amount per serving: 200 calories, 4.5g total fat (1g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 10g carbohydrates, 29g protein, 0g dietary fiber, 420mg sodium.